- Monday | March 15, 2021 to Friday | March 19, 2021
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Via Zoom
Days: Monday to Friday
Grades: 9 to 12
This program is suitable for students in grades 9-12 who want to learn about what to expect on the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT). Students will be introduced to the five types of reading passages on the test–information paragraphs, news reports, dialogues, real-life narratives, and graphic texts. Students will also learn how to brainstorm, organize, and write the short and long writing tasks including open response paragraphs, news reports, and a series of paragraphs expressing an opinion.
This 10-hour class includes:
- Test specific strategies for each section of the test
- Time management strategies
- An overview of the specific grammar skills that are assessed on the OSSLT
- Graphic organizers, reusable resources, and reference pages
- One shortened test simulation
- Personalized feedback from their teacher based on completion of OSSLT practice materials
This is an online group class.
Registrations are closed for this event.