Handwriting – Printing and Cursive
Handwriting skills are often not taught explicitly in today’s classrooms. However, research tells us that the development of good handwriting skills has a strong impact on student learning and academic success. For this reason, we offer proper letter formation instruction using the Handwriting Without Tears™ program in our 1-to-1 academic support sessions.
Handwriting Without Tears™ is a research-based, award-winning instructional program designed to teach strategies for letter formation, spacing, neatness, writing efficiency, and cursive connections. It is particularly helpful for kids who:
- are beginning to learn how to print or write cursive and need to develop proper foundation skills.
- struggle with writing tasks or need practice developing their grapho-motor skills.
- have been formally diagnosed with dysgraphia by an occupational therapist.
In September 2015, The Globe and Mail featured RRLS in an article about the lost art of handwriting.
Please refer to the 1-to-1 Programming page for in-depth information about our 1-to-1 personalized teaching.
For an in-depth focus on developing or improving handwriting skills we recommend our handwriting camp program for printing and cursive, Power Pencils.
The Rumack Advantage
- Years of experience using Handwriting Without Tears™ to improve skills, confidence, and written output.
- Classes are taught by Ontario certified teachers.
- Every student receives an initial assessment to address individual needs.
- Lessons are taught through multi-sensory activities that are fun and engaging.
- Lessons balance fine and gross motor activities.
- Classes are designed for small groups (4:1 or 5:1 ratio) to maximize individualization.
- Handwriting programs focus on automatization of letter formation.
Our goal is to build good handwriting habits that will help your child succeed in school and beyond!
Get Started Today!
Contact us for more information about handwriting classes in a 1-to-1 setting.